Re: Flying Carpets!

To: SLaifman@socal.rr.com
Subject: Re: Flying Carpets!
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 14:13:35 EST
Steve

I think the foam around the fuel pump door
is original.

Anyway I think having the fuel pump located
where it is was a great idea.  You can easily
reach the pump to beat on it to free the
stuck points while driving.  As to leaks over
the hot muffler, I like to tell people that the
sheet of flames you see in the rear view
mirror, is your leak detector.  It will certainly
get your attention.

Just like having the fuel tank pipes running
between the rear bumper braces.  I also
tell people the muffled whump followed by
flames is your rear end collision indicator.
By Jove, I believe we've been hit in the rear.

Actually, that designed must be safer than
you would think.  I have not heard of many
Tiger suffering gas tank fires.  Wally Swift's
MK IA took a 80+ mph hit in the rear,
knocking the car five feet into the air and
and off the road.  No gas leakage!!

Dave Johnson

Dave Johnson