Re: Tach rebuild

To: SLaifman@socal.rr.com, enof@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Tach rebuild
From: BlueGolfer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 22:24:48 EDT
In a message dated 5/2/01 11:25:43 AM, SLaifman@SoCal.RR.com writes:

<< > Thanks for Lister/TigersUnited help with my Tach rebuild
> but
> when I went to adjust it
> I cannot get it down to the correct idle speed ~600rpm
> the lowest it will go is ~1200
> do I have a broken electronic part in there
> or do I need to add a resistor inline to the variable resistor
> or is it a variable resistor?
>
> enof
> B9472075
> LAUGH NAKED :0)

The stock automatic choke is hot-air operated from the exhaust manifold
stove, not electrically operated, so there is no place to put any
resistor.  If there is an electric choke fitted, it is not stock, nor >>

Steve,

I believe he was referring to his Tach not carburetor.
Having Tach problems myself, I'm opting for the rebuild with solid state
components.

Rob Kempinski