RE: Another carb rebuild question / what the tag numbers mean

To: "'Stu Brennan'" <stubrennan@mediaone.net>,
Subject: RE: Another carb rebuild question / what the tag numbers mean
From: "Fraser, Ron" <Ron.Fraser@usa.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 08:56:58 -0400
Stu
        The tag on your carb does indicate that it is the original carb.
C4DF S is listed in the Rootes parts book and here is the info I found about
that carb.

Ford part#  C3AZ-9533F   for a 1964 260 engine
A 5BB is the Design level and build date
A= for design level A
5BB=  2nd week of February 1965
Venturi 1.01  this # is molded into the body of the carb in a raised circle
Jets =  43F
Booster =  CA - this is stamped on the booster
Bore diameter = 1 7/16"
Acc pump setting    inner hole at pump,  top hole at throttle
Choke cap ID- TN  this is molded into the cap and means it is for a manual
transmission
Choke setting is 2 marks rich
Idle RPM = 600
Fast Idle = 1300

Ron Fraser
My carb is not exactly like the one in the manual.  The tag says:

C4DF S
A 5BB

The acc pump resembles the alternative one shown on the last page of the
carb section of the shop manual.  Could this be an original (My car was
assembled in the fall of '66) or a rebuilt installed by the PO?

Stu