Re: 6 Bolt Bracket - Again

To: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.RR.com>
Subject: Re: 6 Bolt Bracket - Again
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 12:47:23 -0400
At 02:40 PM 5/11/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Tigers,
>
>This time, I've added a picture of the 6 bolt CAT clutch slave bracket
>to TigersUnited.com, with questions. Have had a number of conflicting
>
>It can be found, along with a reply link, at:
>
>http://www.TigersUnited.com/techtips/pt-6BoltBracket1.asp
>
>While you are there, you can hit the "Contents Index" button and go to
>the main Performance Tuning table of contents for some great stuff.
>
>Steve
        The clutch slave cylinder bracket pictured is not even close
to the clutch bracket that came on my 67 Tiger Mark 2.  It looks like the
iron clutch bracket that came on an older Tiger.  My original clutch bracket
was a 1/4" thick steel plate with long legs made from about 1/8X1" steel
straps.  It fit the small 6 bolt aluminum bell housing made in England.
When I first replaced the 289 with a BOSS 302 and a Lakewood scatter
shield I had to bend one end of the 1/4" plate to make it bolt up.
James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others