Re: tiger dash

To: "Brent Edinger" <banana111@msn.com>
Subject: Re: tiger dash
From: JParlanti@genelogic.com
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 09:20:31 -0400
I built a dash from scratch for the Alpine I had at the time using the
original plastic one as a pattern. The dash was built up using 1/4" and
1/8" pieces of hobby-grade plywood which provided the areas of relief I
needed. It was then laminated with 1 layer of veneer as a base to the burl
walnut finish veneer. All of the holes were cut after everything was
laminated together. I used hobby-grade plywood as it has more layers than
the conventional stuff, and purchased the veneers from Constantine's (
http://www.constantines.com ). It really looked great when finished.

Joe Parlanti
B382000026

                    "Brent Edinger"

                    <banana111@msn.co        To:     "tigers"
<tigers@autox.team.net>
                    m>                       cc:

                    Sent by:                 Subject:     tiger dash

                    owner-tigers@auto

                    x.team.net

                    06/04/2001 07:34

                    PM

                    Please respond to

                    "Brent Edinger"

Rich, I have just completed a homemade dash. I used teak from the local
specialty wood outfit. I couldn't get the proper thickness, so I bought
the 1" thick stuff and planed it down to just over .5" thick. I had to buy
some special drills and a couple hole saws, then did all the router work on
the backside. I just used the old dash for the template. I finished it
with teak oil and it looks great. This was a fun project that just about
anyone could do. It ended up costing me around $80.

         Have fun, Brent Edinger
             B9471023