Accelleration, or lack thereof

To: Tiger Email Network <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Accelleration, or lack thereof
From: Stu Brennan <stubrennan@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 20:25:37 -0400
So I'm coming back from an errand and the Tiger seems a little
sluggish.  Then even more sluggish.  Idles ok, but no power.  I just
can't push the accellerator down far enough to get up the next hill.

Was my recent carb rebuild job coming apart?  Fuel starvation?  Ignition
problems?  None of these.  The arm that pulls on the accellerator cable
was rotating on its shaft.  I tightened it up, and it was back to
normal.

Are there any tricks, other than welding, that people have used to cure,
or at least improve this?

Stu