Clutch

To: "Tiger News Group List (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 20:00:41 -0500
Listers,
Here is the truncated research that I found out about Centerforce
clutches...
If you wish to run a 5.0 motor (or stroker) in front of a toploader and keep
the stock clutch actuator and Bellhousing here are your choices.

Old 302 style flywheel
5.0 motor with old style flywheel designated by 3 pairs of bolts and 10" in
diameter clutch you run either standard clutch CF360030 or Dual Friction
heavy duty DF490030. This will work as it is almost identical to the long
throw version of the tiger clutch.

New 5.0 style flywheel
If you wish to run the newer version flywheel with the 3 dowels and the
slightly larger clutch at 10.4" then you need DF021057 for the Dual Friction
Clutch. If you do this you need to space the clutch arm pivot (the little
riveted on bracket) out about 3/8" to ensure that you have the correct
geometry.  The length of the slave plunger may need to be altered and I will
know more after I have a chance to check it first hand.

Release bearing
Self centering N1439

Best Regards,
Tim