considering purchase

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: considering purchase
From: "Peter Ritchie" <iinsic@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 22:07:34 -0400
I am new to the list and have been researching Tigers for about 6 months.
Came across a 1966 semi-restored Tiger MK1a for sale for $15K.  Body has been
gone over, has a new roof, hard top needs some work but has a nice paint job,
photographs show any body work repaired with metal, floor pan looks good, a
previous owner installed a Hi-po 289 about 6000 miles ago.  Interior is
beautiful except for the dash which could be restored.  Drives straight,
handles good, hauls a#$.  Needs brakes, tires, rims, chrome bits.
What else should I be looking for?  I am a true novice to the collector car
world, and as such, I am apprehensive.  This car has grabbed me and will not
let go.

Any advice is appreciated.