New Forum - TigersUnited.com

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: New Forum - TigersUnited.com
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.RR.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 17:16:16 -0700
Tigers and 'Pines,

Change is the only steadfast principle. At http://www.TigersUnited.com
change is frequent as we strive for improved community service.

We are pleased to announce, this 4th of July, the inauguration of out
latest, and most ambitious additional service yet. A fully functional
and active TigersUnited Forum.

The Forum may be reached from ANY TigersUnited page by "clicking" on the
"Forum" hot link in the black bar at the top of page. To view any of the
Topics on the Forum, and to read the responses is open to all.

The Forum is organized along the same lines as the Factory Workshop
Manual sections, for locating topics, and some special items not
expected in a factory manual.  Each Forum Section has a well known
member of our Tiger list as a Moderator (MOD) to keep order, and prevent
violation of the five simple rules of conduct.

We are fortunate to have excellent qualified volunteer Moderators for
most subjects. There are, however, some Topics that are still without
Moderators. We desire to hear from anyone interested in becoming a
Moderator, and keeping a topic section in good order (by eliminating
unnecessary duplication, and moving posts to another Forum subject if it
has been mis-posted.). Expertise in the Forum Topic is desirable, but
NOT mandatory.

There will remain questions about the rationale for this feature, and I
want to assure everyone, right now, that there is no intention of
competing with, or supplanting our beloved Tiger-List. This Forum is a
different animal.

This issue has been discussed in some detail on the opening page, which
you are urged to read, and supported by our new Moderator, Mark Olson,
originator and supporter of the Tiger-List, as well as the Tiger Forum.
As far as List-Quest is concerned, it was great, though difficult to
search, WHILE IT EXISTED. The List-Quest has stopped adding Tiger-List
postings some time in 1998, and is essentially dead. Please read the page.

Those who wish, in addition to reading the Forum, to post questions and
give replies to be immediately posted to our web site are asked to
register. It is simple, request very minimal information that is not
sent anywhere, and allows a poster to be notified every time someone
answers his posting. It is NOT required for reading.

Please visit our site, which is awaiting your Sunbeam questions, as soon
as you can.

Please respond to Editor@TigersUnited.com with any comments.

Enjoy our new feature.

Steve Laifman