Re: what the shelby club thinks of tigers

To: <Bellis@isoc.net>
Subject: Re: what the shelby club thinks of tigers
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 22:35:13 EDT
Bob-
You bring up some very interesting points regarding the
Shelby registry.
I don't find it surprising about either the GT40 or the SAAC Mustang. The GT40
was, by far, the most successful international race car ever campaigned out of
the Ford Motor Company stable. Also, as some GT40s were run out of the same
team as the Cobras, I suppose you can fabricate some type of connection. Of
course, the coat tail effect of the alignment probably didn't escape the ever
enterprising Kopec. (But, wasn't it Eric Broadley of Lola fame who designed the
car originally?)
The SAAC, while a weak attempt at a "tuner" Mustang, was the offspring of a
group of dedicated  Shelby fanatics, so I guess they felt justified in
mentioning it...
What I don't understand is how the various ChryCo GLH, GLHS, Omni etc. made the
list before the Tiger. I guess that one is due to those cars being seen as
Shelby's "comeback" into the mainstream, while the Tiger is seen as a trivial
sidelight to the Cobra era.
I'd still rather have my Tiger over any of those pumped up FWD econoboxes and
I'm sure future valuations will justify my prejudice...
Mike Wood