Ventura Car Show

To: "Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ventura Car Show
From: "Bill Rogers" <milward@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 08:54:21 -0700
On behalf of the Central Coast British Car Club I would like to thank all
the Sunbeamers that attended the Ventura, CA All Brit show and made it such
a success.  I counted 27 Sunbeam sports cars of which about 5 were Alpines,
including an exotic Alford and an Alissan.  This is more Sunbeams than I
have seen in one place in SoCal outside of a TU.
The award for best Sunbeam went to last year's Best of Show, Chuck Klassen's
beautiful red Sunbeam-Talbot sedan.  The second place trophy went to Karen
and Ed Foster, third to Jock Commbre and Honorable Mention to Ann and Colin
Hook, all Tigers.

The only down side was the exposure to the Joe Lucas virus from the other
Brit cars there, for which our American iron was apparently woefully
unprepared.  One Tiger was pushed in (stuck throttle cable), Steve S
replaced his entire ignition during the event, Kathy K needed a push start
and I saw one other car raising the bonnet as I was leaving.  Perhaps Steve
L can use his engineering talent to develop an antibiotic for us.

The Central Coast web site will have pictures up soon, I expect, so check
them out at http://www.ccbcc.org/

Bill Rogers.