Re: Taillights

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Taillights
From: "Larry Wright" <LWright@impactofficepro.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 07:12:41 -0400
        Steve Laifman wrote:
>That area that has no bulb is a reflector of the
>car's lights behind you. That way they can see
>your car if your lights fail, or you are parked.
>Besides being legally required, they do serve a
>valuable function.

        A valid point, Steve. OTOH, they'd have to be a way around that,
either a lessened amount of silver reflector around the center
bulb/socket or a seperate unit, a la Volvo 122 but more discrete --
maybe under the bumper?

        Roger Brother wrote:
>they'd look really cool layed over on their side

        I don't _even_ want to think of the metalwork involved. Perhaps
1959 Chevy quarter panels? :) Sideways Tiger lights would, however, look
cool on my Miata. There is an amazing aftermarket for those cars, w/a
high % for retro-fication trim, lots of chrome and wood, etc. There are
some neat "vintage" taillight kits, but none look as good as a Tiger's.
My favorite taillight, btw, is the 1958 Edsel Villager station wagon's.

Larry Wright
"I can't get no-- Satis-traction"