Re: Front end

To: Radialman@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front end
From: BlueGolfer@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 15:09:07 EDT
In a message dated 8/3/01 2:49:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Radialman@aol.com
writes:

> I'm new to the Tiger game...so hang with me...I heard something about
welding
> the tie rods...or some bar in the front end...cause after so many years
they
> crack and it's best to weld them...any knowlegde of this? Or am I off my
> rocker??!!!   Be nice.  :)
Geez, don't go welding willy nilly.  Get hold of the Tiger topics that
details what you have to do.  I did it to my suspension and it went fine.
The only extra thing I did was to seam weld the scuff plate on the bottom of
the front end.  Mine was dented from an DPO accident so I removed it by
grinding out all the welds (a nasty job), hammering and dollying/shrinking
the metal and seam welding it back.

Rob