Oil pan

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil pan
From: RGGAMMA@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 20:20:21 EDT
Hi Gang,

The oil pan on my baby is not stock.......it has two drain plugs, a sump in
the back then a cut out in the pan (looks like it was made for a cross membe
or steering linkage) then a mini sump in the front.  It is sort of a gold
color, it extends out under the starter about an inch and almost touches the
headers on the drivers side.  It looks like a real bear to remove the starter
without first removing the header from the pass side and the oil pan.  Can I
just remove this pan and replace it with a stock pan?  Remember, I have a 302
if that makes any difference.

Cheers
Gunny