Re: Rear axle cover gasket

To: RGGAMMA@aol.com
Subject: Re: Rear axle cover gasket
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 13:15:37 -0400
At 07:54 AM 8/12/2001 EDT, you wrote:
>Greetings all,
>All of the autoparts stores in my neck of the woods have now idea what a Dana
>44 rear cover gasket is.  They just want to know what year and make car it
>goes on.  When I answer 'Sunbeam Tiger' all I get a a blank stare......How
>about a cross reference to some other car they might recognize?????

>Gunny

Gunny,
        I just changed the gasket on a Dana 44 that is under my V6 Alpine.
(Old Postal Jeep rear, 1" narrower than a Tiger Rear, but with bigger
drum brakes.) My gasket is Permatex Ultra Copper.  Comes in a tube and
fits the rear cover of ALL rear ends as well as ALL headers.  The previous
owner stated that this rear had a limited slip in it. Nope.
James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others