Re: Time This

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, "SJC Worldwide" <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Time This
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 08:11:37 -0700
Steve,
Someone used to sell a timing tape that would fit into the balancer. It
allowed you to have  one degree increment makings. The problem I always
wondered about it was to what diameter the tape was calibrated to. So use
caution, but If you an find the right size for the Ford find TDC (use
mirrors if you have to). Apply the tape (the right way considering engine
rotation) in an area that you can see and fashion a pointer at TDC also.
Make sure it will stay in place and can be reset to the same location if it
needs to be removed.. If the tape can't be found you might just as
accurately as you can transfer the origional markings to a piece of paper
and then scribe them onto the puller as I suggested with the tape. Basically
you are just moving the pointer and balancer markings the same amount, but
where you can actually see them. All the best. Tom Witt B9470101