shooting yourself iin the foot

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: shooting yourself iin the foot
From: "Chris Hill" <Pirouette@uisreno.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 02:24:33 -0700
Listers,
     This is a plaintive call for help.  I have a car that has been lame since
just before Monterey in June.  Made the mistake of trying to get a really
recalcitrant hub off an axle instead of just pulling the whole unit.  Cut to
the chase :   ......both pieces are dead, and noone's going to take
responsibility but me (it's not my car).  Found a hub through this list and
the owner kindly sent it right out, but it appears to be compromised too.
     So I'm looking for a hub and axle, preferably never separated.  Rick had
some axles (made?), but no more.  The shop where the car sits (who did not
deal with this situation) is making even louder noises about it vanishing than
they did last month.  Help !!??

                  Chris Hill