Re: shooting yourself in the foot

To: Tom Witt <wittsend@jps.net>, "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: shooting yourself in the foot
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.RR.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 14:12:23 -0700
Tom,

I was sorry to hear about your axle removal problem, and your related
experience may help others faced with this issue.

The problem is, those who are NOT faced with this problem at the moment
will not be able to find your experience later. They did not print out
the e-mail and file it, they did not save the e-mail in a find able
folder, and they forgot who sent it, or what the title was.

So we get another post of the same nature, and you re-write your post.

To prevent this vicious cycle of not having the information you need,
when you need it, http://www.TigersUnited.com has provided TWO resources.

One is the Tech Tips section, which lists tips by category, but suffers
from a paucity of volunteers to organize all important List posts.

Another is the Restoration Tech Articles, and the Performance Tuning
Articles, in which individual authors have written very fine and helpful
illustrated articles.

The final attempt to capture short versions of tips is the Tigers United
Forum, which is organized into meaningful sections, as well as the
Factory Manual Sections. These are self-posting, and any member (as you
already are) can post his question or often sought answer.

I would encourage you to use this benefit to post your experience with
the hub in the Rootes Workshop Manual Section G - Rear Axle, as the
appropriate section.

If someone cannot find it there (wow!) there is an active search engine
to find it for him.

Please consider this, as we also invite other Tiger Listers to
permanently record their Gems, in the Forum, reachable from the top
black bar hot link.

Thanks, Tom and other Listers who may post oft sought answers for
referral to list questions, or seek answers by looking, or even posting
questions. I must admit that the Tiger List is the mother of us all, and
the easiest way to post questions. But one would hope that a seeker of
experience would have checked the Forum FIRST, and that the experienced,
knowledgeable responder would post his answer to the List, for the
immediate answer, and to the Forum, for the next time.

Steve Laifman
Editor
TigersUnited.com
--
Steve Laifman        < Find out what is most    >
B9472289              < important in your life     >

                          _/
                     _/_/_/