RE: Oil filter?

To: "Tigers List" <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Oil filter?
From: "Michael McBeth" <mmcbeth@peacock.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:37:32 -0600
The filter you are using is not the stock type. Many owners switch to
smaller filters to improve fit, or change the mounting system entirely.
There are a lot of different filters that will work on the same base plate,
Ford used at least four different shapes that are interchangeable, and
everything from a Renault to a Ferrari also fit. If you want one that is the
same as what you have, you'll have to provide the brand and part number:
most fast oil change shops or good parts stores can cross it over.

There are some differences in bypass valves, and some of the metric threads
are close enough to almost work (until they blow off on the highway), so
don't just match it up visually.

Michael McBeth