Re: Oil filter?

To: Tigers List <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil filter?
From: Stu Brennan <stubrennan@mediaone.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 21:07:08 -0400
A few years back I was able to get a Fram product reference catalog,
that gives tech info on all their filters.  I just rescanned the book to
see what would fit on our engines.  Four jumped right out, though there
are more.

Filter  Height  Uses
PH8A    5.14"   Lots of Ford
PH16    3.7"    old Alfa,  Chrysler, Saab Toyota, Volvo
PH43    4"      old Chrysler, Ford trucks
PH3600  4.9"    Lots of Ford

Their gaskets differ only by very small, fractions a 1/64 here or
there.  They all have the same thread.  They all have pressure reliefs
set to 8 to 10 PSI (PH3600 is at 9-12), and have anti drainback valves.
As I recall, PH16 and PH43 were mentioned as possible replacements in an
old tech tip.

I threw in PH3600 because that's the one I use on the Motorsports right
angle adapter.

This is all 1996 info, so availability may have changed.

Stu