Re: tried to puller, but she punched me in the nose

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, "Chris Hill" <Pirouette@uisreno.com>
Subject: Re: tried to puller, but she punched me in the nose
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 11:18:47 -0700
Chris,
 Well said. I spent a year at L.A. Trade Tech College in their Mchine Shop
program way back in '77. A similar tapper is used to hold the cutting tool
in milling machines. Usually a moderate tap on the reverse side would free
the cutter when one needed to remove it. I remember one day the Instuctor
was wailing as hard as he could trying to hammer the thing out for the
student who had used it. He even enlisted the stongest looking students to
give it a try. I forget how, but finally it was freed. Ironically the kid
who put it in was a scrawny 98 lb's weakling who used no excessive force
when he installed it. The Instructor himself was left to scratch his head as
there was no obvious reason for the difficulty upon inspection. Tom