Re: tried to puller, but she punched me in the nose

To: Derek White <derekw@coppernet.zm>
Subject: Re: tried to puller, but she punched me in the nose
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 09:20:27 -0400
Derek, and All.  I pulled both hubs to change over to disc brakes.  I used
penetrating oil, a wheel puller connected to the wheel studs, with a screw
tightened against the axle, a hammer, and two weeks of tightening and tapping.
The right side came off with no problem, but the left side took two weeks.  No
rust.

The point of this post, is if you have them off, make sure you put anti seize
on both parts when you reassemble.  I tried the right side with Mobil 1 grease,
and a week later took it off again.  With the grease, it was like the first
time, tough.

After putting anti seize, no problem.  I use it on the suspension parts as
well, and have taken the front spindle's off repeatedly with no problem.  In
fact, if there is a tight fit, or if using ss nuts and bolts, I use anti seize.

Larry