Re: csxb3054.jpg

To: "Adin,David" <DavidAdin@mercydurango.org>
Subject: Re: csxb3054.jpg
From: jay peterson <sfm081@rain.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 17:34:03 -0700
Dave,
The 427 "super coupe" (or super slug as some called it) was a Pete Brock
project where Shelby gave him $2000 and chassis CSX3054. Brock enlisted the
help of Harold Radford LTD of London and they performed the body work. After
the body work was completed, Brock was way over his $2000 budget and talked
Shelby into letting him bring it back to the US. Unfortunately, when he
returned it to the shelby factory, the GT40s were in work so it was relegated
to living out back where it languished until it was bought and later
completed. For more detailed info read "Cobra: The Real Thing" by Trevor
Legate.
Jay Peterson