Re: ww1 a/c

To: "Marc James Small" <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Subject: Re: ww1 a/c
From: "Ray McCrary" <spook01@home.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 11:14:35 -0500
Nice try. The Smithsonian records indicate that the Liberty was the most
produced WW 1 engine...water cooled.  So many were produced that they were
common after the war used in everything from autos to boats.
I cannot find a rotary that enjoyed that distinction.
I note that virtually your entire list consists of the Sopwith designs.  I
also note that you now say "most SMALLER WW1 a/c".....
The Dutch designer Fokker (pronounced the way it is written) used several
powerplants.
I suppose I can check further if you like....I am sure the exact production
numbers are available.
Best,
Ray McCrary
"Speed is Life;