Re: Where there is smoke there is ####

To: "Bob Palmer" <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>, <RGGAMMA@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Where there is smoke there is ####
From: "nick kintner" <nlkin@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 12:54:54 -0700
The engine gets it's ground through a braided strap between the bell housing
around the clutch slave bracket and the unused alpine crossmember bracket.
If this strap is still in place then you need to clean both ends to bare
metal and use star washers to ground it. Without this strap the engine uses
what-ever means it can to find a ground. When you hit the starter it is
trying to conduct 60-100+ amps of current. Nick