Right angle oil filters and headers

Subject: Right angle oil filters and headers
From: sosnaenergyconsulting@home.com
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 07:38:47 -0700
Hi all:
Just removed the stock remote oil filter setup and installed a right
angle adapter from Ford. Looks good, it's out of the way and the stock
remote system is now on a shelf in the garage (REALLY remote:-)  Thanks
to Steve Laifman for info on the adapter and clearancing the motor
mount!

One 'gotcha' for those thinking about doing this: the stock spin-on
filter nipple (in the block) which is necessary for the adapter to bolt
to, is removed when Sunbeam installed the factory remote filter.  The
Ford kit doesn't have one; they assume that you are working on a stock
Ford block that already has the nipple/insert.  Fortunately, Smitty had
one of these in a box of parts. We bead blasted it, aired it off and
plugged it in. I don't know whether the dealer sells them.

This brings up the question of Headers. The PAW 2001 catalog shows a set
of Motorsports shorty unequal length headers on page 1101.  At first
glance it looks like they, or the shorty truck headers would clear the
firewall, but I'm wondering how far out from the engine they extend, the
stock headers being really close in.  Has anyone tried a set of these
type headers on a Tiger, and if so, what was your experience?

Regards

David Sosna
66 Tiguar (closer to running than before)