heating again

To: "Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: heating again
From: "Jim Boynton" <jimboynton@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 20:20:49 -0400
 Well guys it's the same problem I've seen on this list. I read all the
notes and wonder if anyone wants to give me a quick comment. I remember my
Tiger in the 60's not having any  overheating problems. I drove to the
southwest in July of 1968 and climbed up through the Rocky Mountains. My
new(old) Tiger pegs the needle at 250 in 5-10 minutes but runs fine. My
mechanic checked the timing, coolant, radiator, thermostat, etc and
everything seems fine. It's a stock setup straight from 1966. The car runs
great at that reading and when I turned it off and then start it right back
up, it turns over with no problem. It also doesn't throw off coolant idling
or right after shut down at that temp reading. What's the chances the 35
year old temp gauge is completely off? If it's truly overheating wouldn't I
have difficulty re-starting and have coolant boiling over somewhere.