Brake booster?

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake booster?
From: Lon Walters <lon@sedona.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 08:59:29 -0700
Been haunting the list for some time now and haven't seen this problem
come up.

Our Tiger hasn't been driven much over the last two years (business and
other events), and we are now taking it for many more rides.

"Occasionally" the brakes are locking up and the pedal gets hard while
driving.  I suspect a brake booster problem, like leaking fluid inside
the booster.  The easiest methodology to get the brakes to release is
shutting  the engineoff, pumping the brakes, and starting again...then
it seems to be fine until some unidentified circumstances accumulate,
and it happens again.  A couple of questions.

1. Am I on track with this analysis?

2. Is there a quick fix aside from replacing the booster?

3. Could it fix itself by more driving, and braking, to get the seals
wet and set again?