Re: Wheels

To: RGGAMMA@aol.com
Subject: Re: Wheels
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 21:21:09 -0400
At 06:16 PM 10/9/2001 EDT, you wrote:
>Hey and howdy all,
>
>Just a note to tell you that I have sold the Mustang 7 x 15" mag wheels that
>I had for sale.  Thanks to all who responded.
>
>Cheers
>Gunny

Gunny and new Wheel Owner,

        The Tiger wheel studs are 7/16" while the Mustang has
1/2" studs.  If the Lug nuts for your wheels are the tapered seat
type then you may find that you will have "slop" around the
Tiger studs and the wheels are not well secured.  To solve that
problem for my set of 15" Mustang wheels, I took a 1/2" OD hard
aluminum tube, threaded it internally for 7/16" and then cut sections about
1/4" long.  One short threaded tube was then threaded all the way
onto each 7/16" stud.  This allows me to firmly center the wheel on the
studs prior to adding the tapered nuts.  Of course you have to remove
these tubes prior to removing the brake drum.

    If the hole in the wheel is streight through at 11/16"
then all you need is new sholder lug nuts for 7/16" studs.
 These are available at most discount auto stores.
James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others