brake upgrades

To: <RGGAMMA@aol.com>, "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: brake upgrades
From: "Derek White" <derekw@coppernet.zm>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 12:31:33 -0500
Hi Gunny,

I have done front and rear brake upgrades. I will be giving all the details
soon to be put on the tigersunited site.

Front I used Nissan Sunny 3/4" m/cyl (needs slight dent, about 1/2" in the
wheel arch), no booster, Wilwood billet Dynalite calipers ($105 at
randysracemart), Toyota Cressida ventilated disks (skimmed to 23mm and cross
drilled) and made aluminium brackets to mount the calipers to the original
holes. Peugeot 405 front disks are an even better match but they would have
taken weeks to get here and the Toyota ones are cheap and available.

Rear I used Peugeot 504 rear solid disks machined down to a smaller
diameter, and late 80's Ford Sierra (europe) or Merkur (us) calipers (they
have the handbrake cable and are beefier than the Fiat 124.)

I will be posting all this with pics in the next 4 weeks.

cheers, derek