Clutch pedal creak and pop

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch pedal creak and pop
From: RGGAMMA@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 09:26:40 EDT
Hey and Howdy all,

I have an annoying noise in my clutch pedal...........kind of a creak and pop
sound when the pedal is depressed.  Happens a lot of the time but not all of
the time.  I examined the pedal arm and cross shaft and there is a lot of
play (when holding the pedal pad you can move it side to side 2 to 3 mm each
way)  Is there a bushing that can be replaced or is it likely the cross shaft
and pedal are just worn out?  The brake pedal has less than 1/2 mm side play.

Cheers
Gunny