Clutch pedal creak and pop

To: "tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch pedal creak and pop
From: "Brent Edinger" <banana111@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 19:27:53 -0700
Gunny,  I just took my clutch pedal assembly apart to check it out. It was
making the same sounds you descibe. Mine made those noises for a long time. I
tried squirting wd40 on it in the past but it would only go away for a short
time. Now that I have it apart I see why it it was squeaking. To get it apart
i had to drive the pin out as it was dry and rusty. It should just slide out.
The pedal wasn't turning freely on the pin and the flat spring washer had been
doing some gouging into the bracket. The pin has a groove worn into one side
and some strange wear in the flat step on the pin. The whole thing was binding
up. I'm thinking of drilling a hole in the pedal and installing a grease
fitting so if the sound returns in the future I can give it a shot of grease.

         Brent, B9471023