Journey of 10,000 steps

To: tiger list tiger list <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Journey of 10,000 steps
From: Gene <tigeriowa@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 21:47:21 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings all,

It is been quite some time since I have participated
on the 'list'.  I will finally start the body repair
on my tiger.  I had taken the car to redi-strip in
Chicago last February.  I got it back from there late
June.  I have summer and fall home projects done,
family vacation etc. out of the way now.  I will be
making room in a friends shop and start sheet metal
replacement within two weeks.  I have a good donor car
for exterior sheet metal I need.

I need to replace the driver side floor pans and part
of the passenger side.  I have seen that there is a
place in Canada that sells some replacement panels.  I
believe it is R. Martel.  Has anyone had experience
with their products?  Is there any problems I should
know about in importing from Canada if I go that
route?  Are there any good outlets in the US?  I think
I remember a business in Texas that advertised
replacement panels also?

Fabrication would be an option but I would like to see
if there are good replacement pieces available.  Your
assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Gene

=====