MG Midget steering rack?

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG Midget steering rack?
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 22:34:02 -0800
I am getting ready to pull my crossmember and am considering going "the full
nine yards."  In addition to the regular rebuilding I will be reinforcing
the crossmember, I will be getting the EN-24 lower fulcrim pins, I will be
using the softer of the 'new' bushings and doing the "John Logan" pin
support.
 I am also considering using the Midget steering rack with the MBG steering
arms. My questions are:
1. Does this faster ratio make for considerablely harder steering or
"twitchyness"?
2. Do I understand correctly that one needs to use the Alpine tie rod ends?
3. Can the steering universal joint linkage from the Tiger be used or should
I get the Midget steering universal joint  linkage when I get the rack?
4. Are there any particular years that I should look for for these parts?
 I saw the installation on another car and it looks pretty staight forward.
As best I can tell the main item I will need to make is a mounting system
for the rack. This appears to be well within my capabilities. IF THERE IS
ANYTHING I AM MISSING PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
 If you have done this conversion and have any info pro or con please reply
as early Saturday I am off to Pick A Part with my nephew (a Datsun guy, but
still, he's OK). Everytime I have been there there was a Midget and MGB to
be found, but of course there were always more pressing needs at the
time..... . Thanks, Tom Witt B9470101