RE: A Bumpy Ride

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: A Bumpy Ride
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 11:59:27 -0800
Steve,
All comments seem to be good ideas. Years ago there was a place in Pasadena
called Caldwell Tire. At that time they had the tire lathe that Steve spoke
of, but I'm sure there would likely be others that are closer. On the off
chance that it is not the tires, rims, rotors etc. look to see if the
steering is loose. Try the tie rod ends, the rack itself and the steering
U-joint linkage. When the car gets up to speed the front ends usually get
light and loose items start to come into "play" (pun intended). I know you
have made alterations for your A/C. Make sure that under acceleration none
of this it hitting any of the steering components. Look at the clearances of
the A/C alterations, headers, filter (adapters) etc. Finally, you could
always drive at the LEGAL speeds, eliminate the problem and save on ticket
and insurance cost, but I guess that would negate the need for a Tiger in
the first place. Tom Witt B9470101