Fw: Ignition Switch Lock Removal

Subject: Fw: Ignition Switch Lock Removal
From: "FunbeamChuck" <FunbeamChuck@home.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 13:02:43 -0500
---------------------
 I remember something about turning the key and pushing something, but I've
tried those combinations and still can't get it out. I'd appreciate any
help, either how to do it, or where to go to find out.
==========
All ,
Thanks for your thoughts... I figured it out, finally. There is a small hole
in the switch that wants a very small screwdriver or small punch to go into
the hole and depress a small button on the shaft of the key lock so the lock
can be removed. What I'd used before to depress the button wasn't small
enough to get the button all the way in.

Real problem wasn't the ignition sw at all, although it was well worn on the
inside. I found in checking all the functions after putting in the new sw,
that my horn button contacts are sticking sometimes and when that occurs,
the car won't start, the fuel pump doesn't pump, the lights (on the
unswitched side) don't work... everything is dead??? So, I'm off to clear
that up.
Sorry to ask for help permaturely. I hope it didn't inconvenience anyone
All the Best,
FunbeamChuck