Re: Panard Rod?? To be or Not to be??

To: Tim Morin <tigert@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Panard Rod?? To be or Not to be??
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 14:54:05 -0800
Tim Morin wrote:

> Listers,
>     Just a quick question!  What is the thought on Panard
> Rods?  Do they do more damage to the car due to poor
> design and should it be eliminated and not used?
>
> Thanks!
> Tim

Tim,

The Panhard Rod, while superceded by much fancier systems, did aid in
axle control from engine torque.  It is better to have it, than not.

The biggest issue was what was the correct frame side to mount it too,
Mk I, IA, on the right side, or Mk II on the left side.

The biggest problem is a common one to the Tiger - structural failure of
the frame bracket from rust or poor welding.  This can be corrected with
doublers, etc.

I'd keep it, but get it mounted securely. The axle mount seems OK.

--
Steve Laifman
http://TigersUnited.com/gallery/SteveLaifman.asp