Re: Excite@Home dying

To: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>, tigers
Subject: Re: Excite@Home dying
From: Larry Blackman <lb7777@thepoint.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 19:47:05 -0500
Steve;
Need a clarification. What do you mean by;

Meanwhile, you can't even use the free emails at Yahoo.com,
Netscape.com, or msn.com, because you won't be able to get to them.

Is this referring to cable or DSL. I don't have cable in my section of
the country, but the phone company just installed fiber optic lines in
front of my house and has been approaching me to buy DSL. I now have a
second phone line and can get my ISP with a local phone call. I stay
connected 24 hours a day. My ISP charges me $19.95 a month and my extra
line cost me about $28.00 a month. I live in the country and we don't
have cable yet. Maybe sometime in the future. It stops about a mile from
my house. I would like very much to have faster service but I also use
Yahoo a lot. Do you have any thoughts or advice on this. You always seem
to have such good advice about Tigers. I bought mine new in Dec. of
1964. Took delivery in Jan. of 1965 and I still have it.

Larry Blackman
lb7777@thepoint.net