Re: [Re: Upgrading the Heater]

To: jan.eyerman@usa.net, alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Re: Upgrading the Heater]
From: "Kevin McLemore" <kmclemore@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 14:09:20 -0500
Good idea, Jan!  Spot on.

Actually, if you work it right you can use one of those extra-large Ideal
clamps to secure a metal clothes-dryer vent tube right around the back of
your generator and pipe it straight into the heater box.. this would serve
to not only collect all that nifty extra heat, but would also safely direct
the hot molten lead slinging off the armature right into the heater core to
automatically plug the inevitable leaks.  Actually, I think I recall seeing
a similar fix in an early Rootes factory bulletin.

-Kevin
[Tongue still frimly implanted in cheek, for those of you noticing]

(s-i-g-h.. Now I just can't wait to see who takes *THIS* one seriously...)