Transmission Manual

To: "Sage, Steve" <ssage@SoCal.rr.com>
Subject: Transmission Manual
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 10:52:50 -0800
Steve, and Tigers,

We have been working very hard to expand the Rootes Tiger Workshop
Manual, located on http://www.TigersUnited.com.  This is the last
version of the Tiger manual and a lot of the sections are now complete.

In light of Steve Sage's transmission symptoms, and others interested in
this, Section E - Gearbox has a very good diagnostics section on the
Ford Toploader, as used on the Tiger. Although this is not the specific
gearbox that Steve has, it does contain a great deal of symptoms and
possible solutions that can apply to most manual transmissions. Although
his proper oil is not covered, a whole bunch of other balky shifting
issues are, and they could apply.

The direct link to that page is: http://www.TigersUnited.com/techtips/wsmE12.asp

The direct link to the Manual Start-up is:

http://www.TigersUnited.com/techtips/fm.asp

or the side Menu Bar - Technical Tips / Factory Manuals

Read the "Interpreting "The Book"' side piece, if you have a moment,
otherwise click on the picture of the cover to get to the first page.
Plenty of Tables of Content and "page turners".  If it is NOT
highlighted, we haven't finished that part yet.

Steve
--
Steve Laifman
Editor