FW: Tiger and the Girl Next Door

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: FW: Tiger and the Girl Next Door
From: DavidAdin@mercydurango.org
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 10:30:38 -0700
Its funny how sounds and smell can evoke such a strong emotional response.

Remember your first whiff of castrol at the races?  The sound of many
cylinders being fed by lots of cams and valves (v12 ferrari?).  Nothing on
this earth sounds like the door of a Porsche Speedster closing . . . .

So I'm e-mailing this guy about his tiger for sale - picutres and
descriptions and questions.  I ask, can you send me a video tape?  The
thousand mile drive is a bit much unless I can be more sure.
I get the tape in the mail - a good tour of the car and he points out the
items that make this a driver (very clean though) and not a concours car.
Almost as an after-though he says, Maybe I should start it for you and
reaches over to twist the key.  About this time a string of profanities
start to form as I listen to this 10.5:1 compression, too much carb and a
"bit of a cam" pretend to idle - I know I'm hooked!

rumpity-rump what a sound (I had to video tape it so I could enjoy it with a
foot of snow in the drive.)

happy motoring