Re: LAT 25 Hood scoop & air duct

To: Rlmarcom@aol.com
Subject: Re: LAT 25 Hood scoop & air duct
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 10:20:28 -0800
Randi,

Although I have seen metal scoops on Sunbeam hoods, I have not seen any
with the exhaust ducts, as seemingly described in the brief Rootes
information on the LAT 25 option. It is not even the the Rootes LAT catalog.

The Fiberglas LAT-79 is much more often seen, mostly reproductions, as
35 year old fiberglass tends to be in pieces, or about to be.

I suggest reading the http:www.TigersUnited.com section on the LAT
options. It is located under the side navigation bar "Parts and
Services" under Factory LAT Options, which reproduce the original dealer
LAT sales brochure, with pictures., as well as a list of all known
options, even though detailed information has yet to be located.

There are a few current manufacturers of the LAT-79 hood, which might be
located using the "SEARCH" button on the top black bar for "LAT-79"

My car is on the first page with such a hood, and there are others
throughout the site.

If you are unfamiliar with web navigation bars, the direct link to the
LAT section is:

http://www.TigersUnited.com/partss/origparts.asp

Steve
--