Re: LAT 25 Hood scoop & air duct

To: SLaifman@socal.rr.com
Subject: Re: LAT 25 Hood scoop & air duct
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 18:03:49 EST
My MK IA had an original LAT hood until the accident.
I must admit that the 35 year fiberglass took on the
light pole very well.  It was crushed in to just about
the scoop.  Original hoods are easy to spot.  They
don't fit well and have exposed raw fiberglass on the
underneath.  I have a new repro sitting in the garage
right now.  I have finally located two good sources
for the sheet metal I need.  Both are rust free.  One
has the original BRG paint, the other was repainted
and undercoated (WI car).  The WI car is a running
Series V.  Put the key and drive it away.  Has mag
wheels (Libres I think).  The other is sans engine
and trans and will have to be towed 150 miles to my
garage.  Decisions. Decisions.   I hate destroying a
running Alpine but I can save by not having to tow
it.  The other has perfect sheet metal and is not
undercoated so I can see the backside of the fenders.
Besides I will not have to deal with removing the
engine and trans.  Decisions.  Decisions.

Any thoughts anyone.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa,
and Merry Festiva.

Dave Johnson B382002668 (under repair) Aurora, IL