Re: manifold

To: Roger Brother <rogerbrother@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: manifold
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 22:29:40 -0800
Roger Brother wrote:

> can anybody tell me what this means.
>
> >That is a long political struggle, as all SCCA rules are, and the CSCC
> >was in charge on the West Coast (Ken Miles long time President) and
> >similar battles were always being fought by the losers.
> >

> >I take it you have read what is still happening to our Hero, Tom Patton,
> >and his continuing battles with protests from the rice burners. (8-(
> >

> >Anyway, that WAS the intent, and Hurst was not amongst them.

Roger,

What part didn't you understand. I would think, that since I wrote it,
you would ask me, not the entire list.

We are discussing, in this thread, why Rootes selected to add a "final
assemble line" in Los Angeles, and sell LAT options installed prior to
dealer delivery to attempt to add high performance parts to the Tiger
that could be raced in the stock class in SCCA and CSCC races. There
were long and bitter protests and fights about the propriety of this
effort, which resulted in some "factory? installed options as being
rejected as "stock".  They were still sold "factory installed" and also
dealer installed.

Tom Patton (see articles in http://www.TigersUnited.com for his complete
story) was protested for beating the Japanese cars in his GT2 class that
he kept beating. They won, and this was NOT a stock issue, as GT2 has
many modifications, but also rules.

So, does that clear it up?

Happy New Year

Steve