Re: stock tires

To: stephen jones <joness@wsu.edu>
Subject: Re: stock tires
From: Craig Wright <cwright@pdghightower.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 14:57:15 -0800
I race a Shelby on bias ply tires. Like all of us, I was used to radials which
grip, and grip, and grip, and quit. They do give you some warning but it is
subtle. The first time I went around the track on bias tire I thought they were
very slippery. What I have since learned is that bias ply  tires like a slip
angle of 6-8 degrees. Radials will give up at 2-3 degrees. You get lots more
feedback on the bias ply and once you understand them they are fun to drive.

Craig Wright