Re: stock tires

To: stephen jones <joness@wsu.edu>
Subject: Re: stock tires
From: Stu Brennan <stubrennan@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 19:15:43 -0500
Up until a couple years ago I was running Dunlop 175/80's on stock
rims.  Then I switched to Conti 195/70 on 5.5 inch Minilite clones.
Same diameter, within a fraction.  The difference is dramatic in the
feel department, the 175's were more compliant, and you could feel the
flex of the sidewalls when you turned.  All this was noticable only
AFTER I got the 195's, which provide a much harsher ride, and tighter
steering response.  I don't autocross ar anything, but I could really
feel the difference.  The 175's aren't BAD or anything, but I suspect
you will feel the loss of crispness of ride and response, even in the
step down from 185's.

Stu