Heater box Question (Rats!)

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heater box Question (Rats!)
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 21:41:06 -0800
When one looks at the heater box under the dash it arches to the outside
ends. There is access to the center of the box through the latch plate under
the hood, but that area is boxed in at approx. the heater core size.
 Just where does the left and right sections go, if anywhere. They appear to
stop at the inner panel of steel that lies between the fender and the area
where the kick panel attaches. I gently pried back the rear part of the
front fender (approx 10" of that lower rear part are cut off for
replacement), but all I found was a completely flat panel. There was no
access to the left and right sides of the heater box.
 Why is this so important, well.... the RATS that used to live in the car
drug their "furniture" in there. The only holes I can see are about the size
of a dime. Thought you may convince me that a rat could compress it's body
and get in there the larger items are beyond the work of Houdini. So is
there any access to the left and right side of the heater box? I would
really like to get that stuff out of there. Tom Witt B9470101