Cover me!

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cover me!
From: "Ray" <spook01@home.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 08:20:48 -0600
Hi Guys,
A buddy wants to go to the later 289 HiPo water pump for his 260.
Frankly, it has been so long since I fooled with a 260, I have forgotten what
the difference between the 289-early 302 timing chain cover and the 260 cover
was.....I remember that the 260 used to corrode through and dump coolant into
the oil and it had a dipstick hole in the front; that's about it!
Bottom line is this: What parts will be needed to put a 289 type pump on his
car?
I tried the TU site; no luck.
Best Regards,
Ray
"Remember- It's the collision with the planet that counts!"