Re: Tigersome Adventures.

To: "'Hotrodjunkyard@aol.com'" <Hotrodjunkyard@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Tigersome Adventures.
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 00:24:14 -0600
Chris,
Congrates on the 347 ... which company did you buy??? Was it coast ??? Guys
on the Cobra site just scattered a 427 Stroker with H-beam rods and by
reports it looked like a rod let go in the middle.....not on the usual
bolted end and if true is not a typical failure. I have not seen it
personally but my Brother-in-law indicated that coast was not interested in
Warranty.

I am slowly documenting my conversion and build up my Lunati 349 stroker on
Tigers United latest update to be submitted to the editor and keeper of the
grail this weekend.

You need the same pulley I use. I purchased a machined aluminum one from
Dale A. at Dales Restoration. I did run into a glitch as the pulley is
supposed to line up to the original cover and Water pump and pulley. However
when I test fitted everything it was about an 1/8 of an inch too short on
the new engine. Could be that I forgot something under the balancer or that
my new timing gear is too thin. Not quite sure how I will resolve it but
probably will just shim the pulley. I already called Dale and he called
right back but first he was out of town and then I was so I will wait and
see if he has a suggestion.

I also changed the timing cover to the Original version 260 cover. I do have
an extra but it has been welded. For a race machine it may just be perfect.
If you are interested before I learn how to post on ebay let me know and I
will send DETAILED photos.

I am in So. Cal.

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak