Re: Bushings and "special washers"

To: Mike Sutter <mjsutter@cts.com>
Subject: Re: Bushings and "special washers"
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 13:39:12 -0700
Yes, they are supposed to have a chamfer. They're about 1/8" thick (or a little
more), and the ID fits exactly on the small diameter of the shaft. If you let
the
washer have a larger ID, then the steel sleeve in the rubber bushings could
potentially mushroom up onto the radiused section of the pin as you tightened
the
fulcrum pin nuts. As I understand it, the Alpine has the exact same washers, or
you could always make some using some hole saw cutouts in the appropriate size
and
a lathe.

Theo